Monday 5 January 2015

Revision techniques/tips

"Come on how hard is it to revise, just read the words and you remember everything"

Ahh good joke!

I thought I'd let you guys in on some of my little revision tips/techniques

Start revising early, not early in the day but months before, so then if you read the same thing every few days for months you will surely remember it right!!

Make a timetable and right the days and/or times you will revise with which subjects/topics you would like to revise to and stick to it!

Have water with you, as you are allowed to take water into the exam. Kind of linking on from water make sure you eat before you study and before you take your exam. This is a key step don't revise or take your exam on an empty stomach, it won't help, you will just keep thinking about how hungry you are.

If you can sit at a desk or table, sitting on your bed may be comfortable but your brain links your bedroom/bed with sleep and that may be a reason you aren't remembering key facts.

Re-writing and highlighting are crucial steps for me, I feel as I am writing it down (maybe more than once) it goes in just a little further, but also highlighting the key parts of the topic that I've written down, as then when you re-read them your brain will look back at the colourful highlighted parts and remember them more than what it would with just normal white background, black pen.

Past exam papers, mind maps/lists.
These things can become your best friend for a while, online you can get loads of past exam papers for a lot of subjects, hop on the internet and check them out, you will get a taster of what they're like and also with the ones you can not answer you know what you will need to revise more on.

Mind maps/lists, these things are key, you can write down as much as you remember about a certain topic and within that topic another one. (if you get my drift)  These can be done online and on paper for those of you who will not have access to a lot of paper or a computer. 


Flash cards!

Flash cards are a really great and quick way of studying (plus you can bring them along with you to read on the bus, train etc. Just whip them out) there are a few different ways of doing these which are:

  -Writing a word/question on one side of the card and having the answer on the opposite side.

  -Writing a small note about a certain topic on a card 

  -Definition of words on a card 



I am currently revising/studying for my exams so I best get off and take my own tips 

Leave me comments on more studying techniques or if you want me to make another blog about more tips as I have quite a few more to offer




See you soon
x

3 comments: